Welcome to Lough Ree Boat Hire.
Lough Ree is the second largest lake on the River Shannon system. It is a mixed fishery with good stocks of trout, pike and coarse fish present. In recent years Lough Ree has seen a dramatic improvement in wild trout stocks in response to improved water quality. Boats can be rented from Lecarrow Harbour or Mount Plunkett Biodiversity Farm.
- Boats are available for both fishing or touring
- Fishing gear supplied if required
- Wild Brown Trout, Pike and coarse fishing
- Ghillie (fishing guide) on request
- 75€ per day (incl. fuel)
- Fish Finder included
- Life jackets, spare oars, first aid kit and emergency safety equipment all provided
- Boats carry up to 3 adults comfortably
Padraig Corcoran owner of the business has extensive knowledge of the best spots for fishing in the immediate area and can give you pointers for a successful days fishing. Padraig and his daughter Ciara won the Lough Ree International Pike Festival World Cup in 2011.
Boat Touring. If you just want to leisurely tour the scenic area there is plenty to see.
- Cruse down Lecarrow canal and watch the wildlife
- Pull into the award winning Mount Plunkett Nature Reserve
- Cruse out into Black Brink Bay passing the historic St. John’s Oak Wood
- Maybe venture out to Quaker Island with 7 churches and a bell tower.
- Or down to Rindoon Castle and the Black Islands